2013

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Dichotomy is a word that always rings in my head.  Growing up in the States with a traditional Indian upbringing it was East vs West. Academic vs creative.  Following the rules vs creating your own path.

In 2013, I learned that 'gray' area of overlap between two ideals is actually infinitely colorful. DSC_0114 (1)
At the end of 2012, I attended a workshop that inspired a creative course in 2013.  I met Holly Becker- a woman whose voice and heart I respect greatly. I took away things that would stay with me throughout the year: use your blog as a way to create a beautiful, inspiring life. Collaborate. Cheer yourself on and others even louder. Stay true to your own unique voice. DSC_0745 (2) DSC_0804 (2)
I started the year happy, optimistic and ready for a change. Between hectic shifts in the emergency department, I relished in time alone. I read in cafes, took long walks in the park, enjoyed the summer sun and became a bit of a foodie. I put on 3 kilos and was not sorry for it. DSC_0963 picisto-20130714173541-568954
I attended a few workshops keen to learn. Reached out to fellow bloggers I liked and found new friendships. I was beyond lucky and grateful to be featured and share in some incredible publications and magazines. DSC_1188 (1) DSC_0034 picisto-20130619065837-727470
I made a decision to attempt to travel somewhere new every month. Get out of my comfort zone, learn more about myself in a different environment. I went scuba diving, danced around an empty castle at midnight, laughed and cried over things that shouldn't really matter and even more so at the things that did. I felt lost and found at the same time. It was confusing and important times. DSC_0234 DSC_0248
I learned that gatherings can be both elaborate, simple or just a lovely way to share in the pits and peaks of a day. And any excuse to have a meal outside is always welcomed. 4 DSC_0162 DSC_0201 (1) DSC_0640 (2)
I met and have some incredible people that I can call family in my life right now. People who have and will continue to change the course of the years ahead. I realized I have some inspiring things inside me that are just starting to find its space.

In the same way, I have seen my struggles and weaknesses through a magnifying glass and while I don't always share this on the blog I am learning that it is ok to talk about them too.

Thank you always dear readers (friends) for being a part of this little journey. Here's to a fresh start and another chance to shine true in 2014. Happiest new year to you. DSC_0991

27 comments:

  1. so captivatingly beautiful. may 2014 bless you with wonderful things!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you a hundred times over. I wish nothing but the same for you :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, RIncy! Your life is so inspiring and the way you have taken charge of it is truly admirable. In fact, you've inspired me to move to Britain in the near future! And I am sure the years will only get better and even more colourful for a soul like yours!
    Best wishes,
    Sabbie
    P.s. Dancing around a castle, at midnight??? Where and how did you manage to do that?! I dream of castle hopping around Britain myself, one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW back Sabbie! Thank you so much for your kind words. I am working on those things and trying, life is by no means the way it may appear here every day but I am definitely taking charge to try and make it beautiful! And if in some little way it inspires you to do the same, I am so (so) happy for it. We are all on this journey together :)

      ps. Lol, it happened while on travels in Budapest! The castle grounds are actually open til quite late and I never really need an excuse to dance in places ;)

      Delete
  3. Happy new year to you Rincy! May it be filled with beautiful things and projects all along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yolene, the very same to you! Wishing you the loveliest of 2014 x

      Delete
  4. I can assure you Rincy that you managed to "use your blog as a way to create a beautiful, inspiring life". There are a few blogs that I follow that make me to wish I was living somebody's else life and yours is one of them. I know it's just a small bit of it and hectic shifts are not so sweet, but everything you show here is. So all the best in the new year. I hope it will be more inspiring and exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness Magda! You are very right in saying that it is a very small bit of it but I want this space to be positive, maybe even a bit of an ode to that dreamer in me (in everyone really). I really do hope to spend some time with you in 2014, it really is so long overdue. I adore having you a part of the journey. I very much want to be a part of yours too! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Rincy, you are so kind :) Coppa is waiting :)

      Delete
  5. This is a really beautiful post Rincy. Happy New Year to you too and may it be a fun, exciting and happy one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly :) Wishing you all of the same and more!

      Delete
  6. I think I am the happiest one to be a part of this "little" journey... I wish you bigger and stronger wings for this new year to fly even higher to reach all your dreams because you are a real Pillango! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so,so happy to be a part of yours. Wishing us both the very same thing in the coming year babe xx

      Delete
  7. HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIEND :) .. i miss u :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year Shwanco. I miss you too :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful post rincy, best one I've read all year I think. Hugs to you and best wishes for a super amazing new year. Love from me + Alfie pug who is snoring so loud he sounds like he is playing a trombone x x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you babe, you're the best ever. Massive cuddles back at you and the family + of course Alfie :) Happiest new year to you! x

      Delete
  9. Amazing amazing amazing...! Totally in love with your blog, the words, the photos...

    Happy New Year!

    Sarah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah I just spent my morning coffee on your blog! Secretly or not so secretly wanting to come to your parts of the world soon :) Thank you for your sweet words, you're pretty amazing yourself lady! x

      Delete
  10. a year to be proud of! :) all the best in 2014 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post, Rincy. The photos are beautiful especially the first B&W one. Very natural.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful, wondrous, magical year! i'm so happy for you and excited for what's to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Shoko- thank you so much. I am so happy you've been a part of it!! So looking forward to all the beautiful magical things that await you lady.

      Bring on the lovely in 2014. It's yours xx

      Delete
  13. You have a beautiful way of playing with words, Rincy. I could hear you stressing each word carefully like you were talking to me.

    Oh and take me on your next magical dinner outside please. They all look ridiculously enchanting. Are they real life?!

    xx A

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post! It's an inspiration to me to get out more and be comfortable doing so. We've lived in Santa Fe, NM for almost 3 years now and I don't really know many people outside of work. Reading through your year it made me feel like I wanted to get out and meet people and take some more chances. -thank you for bringing some passion back to my thoughts on this Monday night. P.S. you take beautiful pictures. Cheers to all the 2014 holds!

    ReplyDelete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger